Each year 10 million Americans seek help for sleep disorders. These complaints may be triggered by stress or can be the result of a lifetime of sleep difficulties. Sleep apnea can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, car accidents and a poor quality of life.
ValleyCare's Sleep Center is a specialty service designed to diagnose and treat sleep/wake disorders for adults and children. The center offers comprehensive patient assessments and sleep studies in a comfortable, hotel-like room.
Patients are evaluated for a variety of sleep complaints, including:
- Snoring and sleep apnea syndromes
- Restless legs
- Difficulty initiating and maintaining sleep (insomnia)
- Sleep schedule (shift work) disorders
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Pediatric sleep disorders
Initial office visits, sleep studies (polysomnography) and any follow-up care are generally covered by most insurance plans.