ValleyCare's Breast Center of Excellence offers multidisciplinary care using advanced treatment methods and a wide array of supportive services. Our program provides screening for early breast cancer detection; effective, less toxic treatments; and specialized care for breast cancer patients.
ValleyCare's Breast Center is fully accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, and our Women's Imaging Center has been designated a Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
If you or your loved one has been diagnosed with breast cancer, ValleyCare is here to help. We offer multidisciplinary care using advanced treatment methods and a wide array of supportive services.
View a video highlighting our 8th Annual Breast Cancer Symposium.
Women's Imaging Center
Designed and staffed by women, the spa-like Women's Imaging Center offers the latest technology in mammography and ultrasound, including:
- 3-D mammography and digital mammography
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound guided biopsy
A new state law now requires health care providers to notify women when their screening mammogram shows dense breasts, beginning April 1, 2013. For information or to learn more about dense breasts, visit breastdensity.info.
Breast Cancer Support Services
- Breast Cancer Patient Navigator
- Cancer Survivorship Wellness Program—Living Strong Living Well (LSLW) helps you get back to an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Weekly support groups including the Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer Support Group
- Resource Center offers the latest information for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- Lymphedema therapy
- American Cancer Society wig services at Resource Center
- Women In Need Fund
- HERS Breast Cancer Foundation
A comprehensive team of clinical experts from Surgery, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Plastic Surgery, Radiology and Pathology evaluates each new case twice monthly and jointly develops a specially customized treatment plan.
Advanced Breast Surgery
Our surgical team provides patients with the latest in breast diagnostics:
- Breast-conserving surgery
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Oncoplastic surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Chemotherapy and biologic therapy are tailored to each patient's individual needs and are given in a relaxed and serene environment. Care is expertly and gently provided by oncology-certified nurses.
Targeted Radiation Therapy
Accelerated partial breast irradiation allows shorter treatments with fewer side effects and is available for qualified patients.
Breast Cancer Patient Navigator
When a patient has been diagnosed with breast cancer, moving through the care process can be complex and sometimes confusing. In continually striving to improve a patient's experience and assist her quest for wellness, ValleyCare is expanding its cancer program with the addition of a certified breast cancer patient Navigator.
Continuum of Care
The breast cancer patient navigator will:
- Answer any patient questions that arise during the screening mammogram process
- Explain why follow-up tests (ultrasound, biopsy or MRI) are needed and coordinate scheduling
- Be available to speak with the patient and her family about a cancer diagnosis, and provide breast cancer education and discuss various treatments options
- Assist with appointment scheduling once the treatment process has been decided by the patient and physician