Regional Testing Site for COVID-19
Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare (SHC – VC) in coordination with the cities of Pleasanton, Livermore and Dublin and the Alameda County Fairgrounds will be operating a drive through testing site for COVID-19. The testing site will be open Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., or while supplies last, at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. If capacity is reached and hours of operation are changed signage will be posted at the gate 12 entrance of the fairgrounds. No appointment is needed. Testing is available to patients with or without a physician order.
Symptoms/conditions qualifying a member of the public for testing are in alignment with Alameda County guidelines and include at least one of the following items listed below:
- All individuals with COVID-19 symptoms. These include:
- Fever, chills, or Repeated Shaking
- Cough or Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Muscle Pain
- Runny or Congested Nose
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Close contacts of confirmed cases.
- Individuals who are asymptomatic (having no symptoms of COVID 19), who fall into one of the following categories:
- Live in higher risk congregate care facilities including skilled nursing facilities, residential care facilities for the elderly, correctional facilities, or homeless shelters.
- Work in the health care sector who have frequent interactions with the public or with people who may have COVID-19 or have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2. The health care sector includes: hospitals; skilled nursing facilities; long-term care facilities; ambulatory surgery centers; health care providers' offices; health care clinics; pharmacies; blood banks; dialysis centers; hospices; and, home health providers
- Work in a congregate care facility, including shelters for people experience homelessness and residential care facilities for the elderly.
- Provide care to an elderly person or a person with a disability in the home, including a person providing care through California's In-Home Supportive Services Program.
- Work in the emergency services sector who have frequent interactions with the public or with people who may have COVID-19 or have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2. The emergency services sector includes police and public safety departments, fire departments, and emergency service response operations.
- Work in a correctional facility.
- Patients requiring pre-operative/pre-hospital admission screening.
- Patients being discharged from hospitals to lower levels of care.
- The following individuals who are asymptomatic (having no symptoms of COVID 19), and work in one of the following sectors who have frequent interactions with the public or who works in an environment where it is not practical to maintain at least six feet of space from other workers on a consistent basis:
- Individuals who work in the retail or manufacturing sectors
- Individuals who work in the food services sector including grocery stores, convenience stores, restaurants, and grocery or meal delivery services.
- Individuals who work in the agricultural or food manufacturing sector including food production and processing facilities, slaughter facilities, harvesting sites or facilities, and food packing facilities.
- Individuals who work in the public transportation sector including public transit, passenger rail service, passenger ferry service, public airports, and commercial airlines.
- Individuals who work in the education sector including public and private childcare establishments, pre-kindergarten programs, primary and secondary schools, and colleges and universities.
- Must be 10 years of age or older
All insurances are accepted and will be billed, but there will be no out of pocket costs. Cash pay fees are waived.
Test results may take up to 72 hours but can be available sooner.
Testing site can accommodate 1200 for the week.
Patients will need to provide a phone number or email to receive results and follow-up information.
Must be 10 years of age or older to receive testing.
To Access the Testing Site
Enter through the Alameda County Fairgrounds Gate 12 located off Valley Avenue, Pleasanton. Follow signage to the testing location.