Contact: Denise Bouillerce
Pleasanton, CA – ValleyCare Health System, along with ValleyCare Medical Foundation and Valley Medical Oncology Consultants will present a FREE Breast Cancer Symposium on Thursday, October 27, 6 to 8pm at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel, FAZ Ballroom, 5121 Hopyard Road in Pleasanton.
The Symposium is designed for cancer survivors, caregivers and those whose lives have been touched by breast cancer, as well as the general public concerned about cancer and its prevention.
Guest speakers and their topics include:
- Lori Hope, a two-time cancer survivor and author of Help Me Live: 20 Things People with Cancer Want You to Know
- Ruby Chang, MD, "3D Breast Ultrasound: A New Screening Tool. Does This Increase the Chance for a Cure?"
- Nicole Jeffrey-Starr, MD, "Importance of Clinical Breast Exams and Breast Self Exams"
- Rakesh Patel, MD, "Evolution of Radiation Therapy: Less is More"
- Steve Williams, MD, "Immediate Breast Reconstruction"
- Vanni Mathiram, MD, "Do I Need an Axillary Lymph Node Dissection?"
- Rishi Sawhney, MD, "Personalized Chemotherapy & Targeted Therapy in Breast Cancer"
In addition to presentations by the speakers, there will be question and answer sessions and a free door prize drawing. Light refreshments will be served. To RSVP, call 925.734.3319.