Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible full-time and part-time employees. You share the costs of some benefits (medical, dental and vision), and Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare provides other benefits at no cost to you (life, accidental death and dismemberment). In addition, there are voluntary benefits which you can purchase with reasonable group rates through Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare payroll deductions.
- All care is managed by you (for a list of Anthem providers, please refer to www.healthcomp.com or the Human Resources Department for assistance).
- Medical Plan is an 80/20 plan as long as you stay within the Blue Cross Network.
- In-Network/Out-of-Network the deductible is $1,500/member with a maximum of three separate deductibles per family.
- Anthem Network Providers office visit copay, $15.
- $350 co-payment for emergency care; waived if admitted. $50 Urgent Care copay/visit. Physician fees are billed separate.
- Annual out-of-pocket maximums: $4,000/member—maximum 3 separate maximums/family up to $10,000. Non-Network provider $10,000/member—maximum of 3 separate maximums/family.
At $10 co-payment for generic and $25 for brand drugs, if the generic equivalent is available for a brand drug, there is a $250 deductible that will apply, and $40 for nonformulary (a list of prescription drugs can be found at the Express Scripts web site at optumrx.com). Save money by using the mail order service.
$25 co-payment per visit in network, limited to 24 visits per calendar year.
20% for most services, limited to 12 visits per calendar year.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Facility-based care (preauthorization required; waived for emergency admissions), $250 per admit then 80% covered. Please refer to the summary of benefits for any exclusions.
Employees have two options under the Delta Dental Plan. You can visit a Delta Preferred Provider for a higher level of benefits, or you can visit a dentist of your choice for a slightly lower benefit level. Dental claim forms are NOT required as long as you see a "Delta Premier Dentist." Delta Preferred Provider and Delta Premier Provider listing can be found on the Delta website at deltadental.com.
Delta Dental of DPO
- 100% coverage for twice yearly exams, cleaning and x-ray, no deductible.
- $25 annual deductible per individual, $75 family.
- 85% coverage for fillings, extractions, root canals.
- $1,200 maximum per person per year, combined with non-PDP plan.
- $1,500 lifetime maximum for orthodontics, combined with PDP plan.
Dentist of your choice
- 100% coverage for twice yearly exams, cleaning & x-ray, no deductible.
- $50 annual deductible per individual, $150 per family.
- 80% coverage for fillings, extractions, root canals.
- 50% coverage for crown, dentures, bridges.
- $1,000 maximum per person per year, combined with PDP plan.
- $1,500 lifetime maximum for orthodontics, combined with PDP plan.
You will receive a higher benefit level if you receive services from a participating VSP provider. A listing can be found on VSP's website at vsp.com.
VSP Preferred Provider Coverage
- $20 annual deductible for exam & $20 annual deductible for materials.
- Coverage includes one annual exam.
- Lenses/contact lenses every 12 months.
- Frames every 24 months to set maximums.
- Elective contact lenses are covered up to $120.
Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare provides $25,000 for all benefitted employees and provides an additional 2 times annual salary for exempt employees.
You may choose to purchase up to $150,000 of life insurance for yourself without medical underwriting or up to $350,000 with medical underwriting. You may also choose to purchase up to $20,000 of life insurance for your spouse without medical underwriting or up to $100,000 with medical underwriting. For each child, you may purchase up to $10,000 of life insurance.
Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare employees may choose to purchase long-term disability benefits at group rates through payroll deduction. (Note: Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare provides long-term disability benefits for exempt employees).
A group legal plan gives employees and their family access to legal advice and professional legal representation at an affordable price, through a voluntary, after-tax payroll deduction.
A pet insurance policy from Nationwide helps pay for your pet's treatments, surgeries, lab fees, x-rays, and much more. Animals covered include: dogs, cats, birds and exotics.
The Back-Up Care Advantage Program® is your safety net, subsidized by Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare, for when disruptions to your regular dependent care arrangements (for children or adult/elders) happen and you need to get to work. Bright Horizons will arrange temporary care for you, quickly and conveniently, at a high-quality child care center or find a fully screened and credentialed caregiver to come to you, where and when you need one.
Health Care / Dependent Care / Commuter Spending Accounts
- Tax-free savings for health expenses not covered by health insurance plans; maximum of $2,650 per year.
- Tax-free savings for dependent care expenses, maximum $5,000 per year.
- Tax-free savings for commuter mass transit expenses, maximum of $3,060 per year.
- You may complete your claims online
- You must re-enroll yearly
- Direct deposit/Debit Cards available
- View your current enrollment status, check claims paid and balances, get claim forms and update personal information at myflexonline.com for both accounts.
- EAP counseling sessions provided through The Holman Group available at no cost.
- Employees and eligible dependents: up to 5 sessions/incident per calendar year.
- If more extensive help is needed, counselors can refer you to resources available in your community and health care network.
- Call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year 800.321.2843. Calls are confidential.
- Life Solutions, Helping to solve the problems of life.
- Legal and financial services.
Administered by Fidelity Investments.
Basic Retirement Plan
- Must complete 12 months and 1,000 hours of service within the plan year.
- Employer will contribute 3% of your base salary for the plan year once you become eligible.
403B Retirement Plan
- Employer matches 50% of the first 6% of employee election (up to 3% of base salary).
- To be eligible for the match, you must complete 12 months and 1000 hours of service within the plan year.
The Paid Time Off plan combines vacation, holidays and short term sick leave days into one account known as your "PTO" Account. PTO begins accruing on the day of employment for benefited employees and accrues on the basis of regular hours worked and length of service.
Accrual rates are based on full-time employment for Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare Employees:
Hire date thru 2nd year: .09615 x 2080 hrs per year=200 hrs
Beginning of 3rd year: .11538 x 2080 hrs per year=240 hrs
Beginning of 5th year: .13846 x 2080 hrs per year=288 hrs
Beginning of 10th year: .15000 x 2080 hrs per year=312 hrs
Beginning of 15th year: .16153 x 2080 hrs per year=336 hrs
- Part-time employees would multiply the number of hours they are paid (excluding overtime).
- PTO hours do not accrue on overtime or standby hours.
- Temporary and per diem employees do not receive PTO.
- PTO bank is capped at 350 hours.
- PTO bank is capped at 450 hours for employees with 10 years or more of service.
Employees accrue sick leave hours to go into their extended sick leave account to be used in coordination with SDI when employee misses work due to illness of longer than 7 calendar days.
Accrual rates are based on full-time employment:
1st – 4th year .02692 x 2080 hrs per year=56 hrs or 7 days
5th – 9th year .02300 x 2080 hrs per year=48 hrs or 6 days
10th year/over .01923 x 2080 hrs per year=40 hrs or 5 days
- A regular part-time employee would accrue ESL based upon hours paid.
- ESL accrual maxes out at 720 hours.
Holidays are a built-in component of the PTO accrual rate for all employees who are "benefit eligible." However, any employee who is required to work any of the holidays listed will be paid one and one-half times (1 1/2) the base hourly rate of pay for all time worked. Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare observes the following holidays; New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
All regular employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week are eligible for the benefits. LifeStyleRX employees must work a minimum 30 hours per week. Per diem employees are eligible for the EAP and may participate in the Pension Plan provided they meet the eligibility of 12 months and 1,000 hours of service.
As a benefit eligible new hire you may begin participating immediately in PTO, ESL and the 403(b). Participation in the pension plan begins after you have completed 12 months and 1000 hours of service. Eligibility for all other benefit plans begins on the first day of the month following your hire date.
Please Note: Once you have chosen a benefit status, you may only make changes during open enrollment or if you have a Qualified Family Status Change or Change in Job Status. If you fail to enroll for benefits within 31 days of your eligibility date or during open enrollment you will not be able to participate until the next open enrollment or if you have a Qualified Family Status Change or Change in Job Status.