The Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare Resource Center, established in 1991, offers free access to easy-to-understand, up-to-date health and medical information. Located in the same building as the Regional Cancer Center at ValleyCare, the Resource Center offers patients support and education in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
The Resource Center is staffed by trained volunteers and support staff who guide patients through their treatment process. In addition, patients receive a personalized cancer handbook to help them keep track of information, medications, treatment records and appointments.
Open to the public, the Resource Center is funded by community donations, fundraising events and Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare.
Resource Center Features
- Personalized, expert searching services are provided by trained volunteers
- Patient education sheets and pamphlets
- Access to reliable, evaluated, health-related websites
- Collection of books, CD-ROM, posters, models and interactive kits for checkout
- Breast cancer patient navigator
- Cancer support groups
- American Cancer Society wig services
- HERS Breast Cancer Foundation