To protect the health and safety of our patients and staff, ValleyCare Health System is restricting visitors in response to widespread influenza in the region. Until further notice:
- No one under the age of 18 may visit any patient care area. *Exceptions to this will be made under the individual specialty department visiting policy.
- Visitors are limited to two adults (18 or older) per patient.
- Anyone with symptoms of infectious disease including fever, cough, chills, sore throat, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, or sneezing will not be allowed to visit.
- Tour groups will be screened for symptoms of infectious disease and may not be permitted in patient care areas.
- Exceptions to the restrictions can be made in situations involving critically ill patient or end-of-life circumstances.
Visitors are more than welcome at ValleyCare. Visiting hours are under an open policy. However, in order for the patients to receive adequate rest and treatments, your visits should be planned between 1 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Critical Care, Birth Center and Intensive Care Nursery patients may be visited for brief periods of time, 24 hours a day.
Visitors are requested to limit visits to two people at a time and be older than 14 years of age.
Although family and friends may be eager to visit you and your new baby, our visiting policies are designed with your needs and comfort in mind.
Visiting hours in the Maternal/Child Department are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. except during the labor period. The baby's father/labor coach is welcome to be with you at any time. For the health and safety of your newborn, only brothers and sisters of the baby and adult family/friends may visit during your hospital stay.
We ask that you not come in to visit if you are not feeling well or have a cold, cough or rash.