ValleyCare Health Library
The ValleyCare Health Library and Ryan Comer Cancer Resource Center, established in 1991, offers free access to easy-to-understand, up-to-date health and medical information. Located in the same building as the Regional Cancer Center at ValleyCare, the ValleyCare Health Library offers patients support and education in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
Here, the largest collection of cancer-related education/materials in Northern California is available. The library is staffed by trained volunteers and support staff who guide patients through their treatment process. In addition, patients receive a personalized cancer handbook to help them keep track of information, medications, treatment records and appointments.
Open to the public, the library is funded by community donations, fundraising events and ValleyCare Health System.
- Personalized, expert searching services are provided by trained volunteers
- Databases with full-text medical journals, newsletters, pamphlets and patient education sheets
- Access to reliable, evaluated, health-related websites
- Ryan Comer Cancer Resource Center, focusing on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer, including a monthly calendar of education and support
- Breast Cancer Patient Navigator
- Collection of books, DVDs, CD-ROM, games, videos, posters, models and interactive kits for checkout
- LINCS—a collection of reference, circulating and electronic information on special needs children
- Eric's Corner - Epilepsy Resources and Support Group
The ValleyCare Health Library provides free, on-site access to the following databases. Printouts are 10 cents/page, 25 cents/page for color. Several databases contain a free email feature.
- MD Consult
- EBSCO Nursing Database
- Wired MD
To request a specific article, please use the online article request form or download and complete a printable article request form.
Journal and Magazine Collection
In addition to journals being accessible through the full-text feature of the databases, the ValleyCare Health Library has available various print journals and magazines for use on-site. Print journals are kept for approximately five years. We also have a journal article file that contains the current health and wellness articles. View our complete Journal and Magazine Collection In-House Title List.
Back to top